Posts Tagged product marketing
Your marketing firm or advertising agency should realize a website must satisfy both humans and Google spiders. Increase your search engine optimization success by adding clickback weblinks into your body copy: this can simultaneously increase your page clicks per site visit and enhance the overall user experience. Keep in mind that marketing and branding can only go so far. By adding content links in your body copy, your website will better support unique information useful to the reader. Your metrics should specifically measure how your audience engagement is growing through an increase in number of site pages per visitor.
Always conduct market research on the best search engine optimization keywords for your body copy. One of the most important aspects of search engine marketing is including in your content these phrases that users are actively searching for on Google. Long tail keywords can provide high quality, low volume search conversions specific to your marketing strategy. Short tail keywords increase the frequency of being found in search results, but are more difficult to win in general based on high competition. Add a mix of both to increase your success with local results and support with incremental pay per click campaigns that augment traffic.
Joby Semmler is a partner at Eclipse Marketing and Advertising, an Indianapolis marketing firm. For additional marketing strategy content, please contact Joby at email@example.com.
Leveraging your campaign inquiry list is an essential best practice to successfully converting leads into sales. Not only does it convey you are interested in quickly satisfying a target prospect’s needs, it positions your team to close more sales-ready prospects who are further along in the decision-making process. Measuring your progress over time can help you focus internal resources toward the core of your marketing efforts, but only if you truly understand what motivated a customer to inquire and how you can maximize the opportunity.
Here are five success factors that can directly increase your campaign lead conversions:
1. The most recent prospect inquiries tend to be the most valuable and viable to lead nurturing campaigns. As time passes, content becomes less valid in general due to changes in prospect responsibilities and demographics. A dialogue that was once important to a prospect may no longer be fitting or a purchase decision may have already been made. Stay on top of who has recently requested information about your brand! Consistently reach out to these prospects during the first three-to-six months after inquiry.
2. Use lead scoring methods to qualify the level of influencer your prospect is. By keeping your best salespeople in front of more customers who are closest to purchase decision, your marketing department will enhance lead conversion potential dramatically. Ask both behavior and demographic questions in your inquiry form and scorecard respondents based on decision-making drivers (e.g. resources, authority, need, and timeframe). Cross measure the mediums that generate the most inquiry activity and analyze your tactics to create an efficient, ROI driven marketing engine.
3. Recognize that messaging relevance directly enhances lead conversion. Are you communicating what problem your brand will solve in the prospect’s life? Many prospects stop listening to your message because they believe you do not understand what their needs are. Create a message map by professional role for email nurturing campaigns! For example, a CEO who responds to your campaign will have a very different company-wide strategic focus than a Marketing Manager entrenched in the day-to-day tactical programs of a specific vertical. If an inquiry hasn’t responded over time, check if your content is properly segmented by audience to provide clear value at first glance.
4. Make sure you effectively promote to the nature and the source of your leads. For example, if a lead came from a trade show where a target prospect realized your brand offering first-hand, consider sending a product sample and a limited time purchase offer in your first lead nurturing campaign. Not only does this re-engage the prospect to what they experienced in your booth, it allows you to measure the effectiveness of your promotional offer across multiple events and test which tactics generated the greatest number of lead conversions.
5. Calibrate your lead generation process so that it closes the feedback loop. Many leads go cold simply because a prospect did not quickly receive the attention necessary to aid in the purchase decision process. Set a predetermined timeframe to reach out to your prospect after the first inquiry to understand how long it took for your team to make contact and if they were satisfied with the service received. Asking follow up questions can make sure your internal team did everything possible to maximize the opportunity while it was in progress.
Finally, using lead management software can directly amplify the success of each campaign. Thin client SaaS platforms like NitroMojo (http://www.nitromojo.com) have real-time dashboards that cross analyze market-based responses to each marketing event. This will allow your management team to understand successes as they happen and make strategic changes much more quickly, keeping your team ahead of the competition searching for the same valuable conversion opportunities.